Well, it’s been a hectic week here, going from nothing to something in no time has been fun. We’re still working till the last minute on a 40 second teaser (was planned for 30, but… ). It’s a bit of a challenge since we didn’t have anything textured, don’t even have concepts for some key parts of the movie, let alone models.. nevertheless we’ve pulled together an animatic with a few shots from the film, and are now rapidly animating, texturing, modelling, lighting, and comping.
Kursad volunteered to do quick textures for the cockroach- this is fast work and not up to his usual quality standards (but great work nonetheless). Kursad uses Modo and Zbrush quite a bit, as well as Blender- it could be an interesting side-effect of this work to create documentation about integrating Blender into other pipelines, in terms of import/export, applying modifiers and copying texture maps and weights.
The animatic was made this monday, and since then I’ve populated SVN with shots from the animatic, complete with basic camera layouts for detailing. Now it’s (just!) a matter of pushing things through to completion.
Jarred and I have spent some fun times walking around, examining the material properties of concrete and rusted metal, and snapping lots of texture-shots. He’s busy gimping and projection-painting away, making everything look generally awesome
Jamal is modelling details (wires, lights, signals, etc.), you’ll see his work in most shots of the animatic.
Gianmichelle is animating a nice character animation shot.
Thomas is getting together sfx for the soundtrack.
There’s still final animation, lighting, rendering, compositing, sound track and music to do, as well as the final edit… so back to work for me.